I made another Kwik Sew 3521!
Really love this pattern, simple, quick, effective and versatile.
The delay with this one was finding a zip to match. I ordered a yellow one online and it came bright orange. Nice. Anyway, a trip to lincraft proved a gold coloured zip to be more appropriate in any case. Quite happy with my zip insertion too, does it qualify as invisible?
I think I've got the fit just right with this dress. It has enough room to allow me to have a big lunch without it being boxy. And I think my version looks much better than the envelope sample which seems a bit shapeless to me. Pretty happy with the fabric placement on the back too, not quite matchy but symmetrical. noice.
The lawn fashion fabric I used was very light so I again added a skirt lining. Look, a picture of the insides and the amazingly matched lawn I picked up at Spotties. Cotton lawn squared. Lawnception! Ahem. And even though there are two layers this dress is still beautifully light, I've warn it on two 30C days and it feels like a dream.
And the fabric itself is just gorg, I love it.
Pattern: Kwik Sew 3521, view A bodice, length cut between an A and B.
- cut a straight size L and took in half an inch from the bodice side seams
- took half a cm out from the bottom of the arm scythe as my previous dress was a smidge tight in this area
- again changed the skirt from gathers to box pleats placed matched up to the darts in the bodice
- added skirt lining
- subbed normal zip for invisible
- omitted the hook and eye
- finished the hem machine worked invisible hem. My fave.
Fabric: Japanese printed lawn from Lincraft, Cotton lawn from Spotties for the lining.
Notions: 50cm invisible zip
Look out for more of these, I have one cut out already and another in planning.