17 August 2014

FO: February Lady

Hey hey look what I made!  It only took me 6 months!


Well, I wasn't like knitting the whole time. As happens with so many of my projects, my initial enthusiasm wore off and this piece spent a bunch of time in hibernation.


What a great pattern! Super easy to memorise.  It grew like a whole bunch.  I knit until it was just sitting on my hips, and you can see the results post-blocking.  And I didn't block it a lot, really just laid it flat.  Also, look how cute the yos are just before the lace on the yoke.


One day I will knit something with some shaping, just wait and see :)

Pattern:  February Lady Sweater.  I made the larger sized 41" bust.  I think I probably could have gone down a size, but I also quite like the coziness of it.  Even thought the fact that it is full of holes kinda makes it a bit useless as a cardigan.  But anyways, I like it.  The buttons were 85c each at Clegs. Big spenda.
Yarn:  Bendigo Woollen Mills (what else?) Luxury 10ply in Autumn Glow, which I think is the perfect way to describe the colour.
Ravelled here.

~Tan

p.s. thanks lil sis for the photos!  Saw some local wildlife nesting, among a bit of rubbish sadly, but he seems pretty chill.


-Linking with-



Tami's Amis FO Fridays | Fiber Arts Fridays at Wisdom Begins in Wonder | Natural Suburbia for Creative Fridays | I've Made Friday at SusanD1408 Crochet Addict | I ♥ Fridays at Petals to Picots | Muster Party (Fluster Buster)


3 comments:

  1. I had a February Lady Sweater on the needles but... it didn't make it. I got bored I guess :(
    Yours looks very cozy- nice color, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely on you Tanya! ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ... You are such a busy bee ... Lots of work on this one and it was worth it... It's gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete