25 April 2014

FO: Safety Scarf

So this project has been sitting around for a loooong time.  I finally wove in the ends and took some kinda shoddy photos.  As it's a Stephen West, so I thought I'd try to channel him with my pics.




How did I do?

But seriously...


This took me so long because I was not liking how it worked up.  While initially I thought it was quite clever, as you go on it feels like a bit of a dogs breakfast.  So many different stitch patterns, not all seeming to go together.  But now that it's done I don't mind it.  Its certainly snuggly, and kind of interesting to look at.


I also think I did a bitchin' job of the seam.  Check it out mo' fos'.


Pattern:  Safety Scarf.  Love the icord eding, and some of the stitch patterns are interesting, but altogether?  Some of the stitch patterns are narrow and dense, and some are wide and loose.  But it does come together.
Yarn: Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 10ply.  Not sure if I'm still in love with BWM, luxury seems to get a bit hairy upon handling a lot.  But it is mega soft after washing. mmm.  I think the economy of this yarn will keep me coming back for more.
Ravelled here.


~Tan

-Linking with-
Tami's Amis FO Fridays | Fiber Arts Fridays at Wisdom Begins in Wonder | Natural Suburbia for Creative Fridays | I've Made Friday at SusanD1408 Crochet Addict | I ♥ Fridays at Petals to Picots | Muster Party (Fluster Buster)


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I think the different stitches came together well; it looks interesting and cosy! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really interesting and lovely scarf, I love how it runs diagonal at the seam.

    ReplyDelete