03 March 2013

Tanya does movies: February

This month we caught a BUNCH of movies we'd missed in 2012, and a few extras.

ABCs of Death (2012)
Weird freaking movie.  This movie is comprised of 26 short stories, each one depicting a death caused by something starting with each letter of the alphabet.  Definitely worth a watch.  Watch out for Y is for Youngbuck, V is for Vagitus and F is for Fart!

Sinister (2012)
Hey Ethan Hawke, where have you been!  Really good movie, very enjoyable.  I picked the ending though, which I actually never do.  Remember, when purchasing your next home, do your due diligence and don't buy a murder house.

Seven Psychopaths (2012)
What a great movie!  But only to be expected with Colin Farrell and Christopher Walken!  It wasn't actually what I expected, and was very very funny.  The way the 'seven psychopaths' were blended into the movie was very clever.

In Bruges (2008)
Watched this directly after Seven Psychopaths, it being directed by the same person.  Another surprisingly funny movie, Colin Farrell just totally stealing every scene he was in.  Fucking Bruges.  I'd like to visit Bruges now!

Argo (2012)
Wow Ben Affleck, you really have your act together.  Why does everyone hate Ben Affleck?  (LOL at least other people are asking this question)!  I love him!  This movie was tops, and I'm not usually a fan of dramatic war type movies.  Even though I knew how it ended, I was having a freaking heart attack when they were actually trying to get out of the country.

Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory (2011)
I hadn't heard of the West Memphis Three before, but A is right into true crime docos and such, so I caught the third instalment of Paradise Lost when he was watching it.  It's some effed up shit that happened to these kids y'all.  Read more here if you want.  I am now totally convinced of their innocence - are you?

Paranormal Activity 4 (2012)
Just more of the same, but I still enjoyed it.  You know, scary shit going on, why the frick is it going on?  Oh crap witches!!

Silent Hill Revelation (2012)
Again, more of the same.  I didn't find this particularly memorable, but I do remember that pyramid head making an appearance.  Yay pyramid head!

Wreck it Ralph (2012)
Some of this movie was great, like seeing the Street Fighter characters out of the box, and some of it was boring.  Just dragged on a bit.  I have high standards in my kids movies y'all!  Jack McBryer was a great choice for Felix, and OMG did you know it was Alan Tudyk as the Kandy King?  Mind = Blown.  A and I were convinced it was the dude who voiced Roger Rabbit, but we were mistaken.

In & Out (1997)
Last month was a Kevin Kline extravaganza (well, I watched two KK movies), and this month I found In & Out in the $6.98 bin at Jb HiFi!  It was a sign!  Love this movie.  Joan Cusak is awesome (when is she not?) and KK did a marvellous job!

Cloud Atlas (2012)
Wow dudes, wow.  As I watched this movie, I knew I loved it, but I did not know what was going on.  Afterwards, A and I were silent.  I asked him what he thought.  He said, "I really liked it, though I didn't understand what was happening most of the time".  Wow!  Will definitely watch this one again.  The makeup is spectacular, and the stories are engaging.

Red Dawn (2012)
I haven't actually seen the original.  But it's just another version of Tomorrow, When the War Began.  Ok ok, Red Dawn technically came first, but you need to realise that John Marsden is part of my soul.  I grew up on the Tomorrow series, so that's my basis for invasion movies.  Plus, I think Australia would be easier to invade, having a much smaller population and military.  But, good movie anyway.  It as Thor and Peeta in it, so you should watch it!

Romy and Michele's High School Reunion (1997)
Just randomly felt like watching this movie.  The song Time after Time will always be associated with this movie for me.  I love this movie, though for some reason it makes me uneasy that Michele likes Sandy in the end, when she totally dissed him in high school.  Because he has money and confidence?  I dunno, so shallow. Because, you know, these are the big issues.

Rise of the Guardians (2012)
What was all the hype about?  Really?  Ok, Jack Frost was cute, but is that all?  I liked this movie, but it was nothing spesh.  And seriously Hugh Jackman, did you have to push the Aussie accent that far?  Huge Act Man.  Lol.

And the stand out movie for February was:  Argo.  Go and see it y'all! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment