01 November 2012

7700 people can't be wrong

Look what I made!

In hindsight I should have taken some photos with the cowl unfolded, but c'est la vie right?  I made this for Lil Sis, after she bought some yarn to try to knit and gave up because she found it too boring.  I took it off her hands and whipped this up for her.  Just in time for Summer!  ha!

I asked her to model it for me.  She is much cooler than me, look at her awesome tattoo!




Pattern:  Honey Cowl.  I wasn't convinced about this pattern until the very end.  It comes out nice and squishy, but not too stiff.  I made a few errors, like accidentally doing two rows of knit, and messing up the sl st/purl sequence, but I don't think they are noticeable at all.
Needles: 5.00mm circulars. 
Yarn: Moda Vera Pure Wool 8ply.  Softened up quite nicely on washing.
Ravelled here

-Linking with-
Tami's Amis FO Fridays | Fiber Arts Fridays at Wisdom Begins in Wonder | Natural Suburbia for Creative Fridays | I've Made Friday at SusanD1408 Crochet Addict | I ♥ Fridays at Petals to Picots

10 comments:

  1. The honey cowl is my fav on ravelry. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be just in time for winter over here...
    It looks very cozy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tanya
    You won my blogtoberfest giveaway. Congratulations! Can you please email me your address - mscurlypops (at) gmail (dot) com

    Thanks so much!
    Cam

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cowl is lovely! It looks great on too. I can see why it's so popular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny, I've been looking at this pattern for a while now... Glad you shared it with us! It looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cowl! Going to add it to my Ravelry faves. Lucky sis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks fantastic! My sister is currently working on this pattern. I tried, but I just can't get into the slip stitches. I get lost in the pattern! I'll just have to admire from afar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heyheyhey (is this the omlair that left a comment on my blog? For the purposes of this comment I'm gonna assume it is)-that was a very considered and well thought out thing to say thanks-and you're in Melbourne too, we should totally meeet up whatwhat!

    ReplyDelete