17 September 2012

The hunt for the ultimate Melbourne CBD eggs benedict: Degraves Espresso Bar

Another laneway, another bunch of cafes, lots more eggs benny to try.  Last week was Degraves Espresso Bar.

Location: Degraves Espresso Bar
25 Degraves St
Melbourne, VIC 3000
03 9654 1245



Base: Toast!  Like a vienna loaf or something?  A bit too crunchy for me, but I'm a bit of a freak in that I don't like uber crunchy toast, it hurts my mouth.
Eggs:  Perfectly cooked.
Sauce:  Lemony!  This is the first sauce we've had that had a distinctive lemon tang to it.  It was quite runny and soon after the above photo was taken a lot of it pooled around the plate.  But then it was absorbed by the toast, which added to the tastiness.
Ham:  Really tasty, but ungrilled.
Price: $16.00
Coffee:  Quite good. 
Service:  Very speedy and friendly, and they didn't bother us too much.

Individual ratings:

Tanya:  6.5/10
Very flavoursome, however I'm not a huge fan of the uber lemony sauce.  It was nice to try something new, but I prefer a thicker, creamier sauce. 


Lil sis:  7/10
Today’s Egg’s Benny were very tasty! They were a little sour though but still good J Bread was ok but it must be a English Muffin to score big points. Quick service and nice tip jar, it said “For every tip Justin Beiber get’s a punch in the face!” I tipped them.

And how does that look on the benedict-o-meter? (I really need to make quater ratings, so instead I'm rounding it up!)
7 Benedicts out of 10!!

Make sure you check out my map to see the other eggs benny locations lil sis and I have checked out.

Degraves Espresso Bar on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment