07 September 2011

WIP: beady beads

Current Bead Count:  266

Very slow progress with my dahlia.  Although looking at the bead count, whoa!  Better than I thought, but so so much to go!

I am going to try to do a bit of a pattern with the beads, so I started with adding them to all 5 trebles of the shell, the next row I've added them to the 1st, 3rd and 5th trebles of the shell, and the next row I will add them to the 3rd treble only.  Then I will reverse the process, increasing the amount of beads per row.  They are so tiny, barely noticeable.  Thank goodness for close up photography!


Last week, Calophi asked when I am putting the beads on the stitches.  I slip the bead onto the stitch when I have 3 loops on the hook (so after yo, draw a loop through), then I complete the treble as per usual.  So the beads are at the bottom of the stitch.  I hope they stay where they're told! 

The 'body' of the shawl currently measures 12".  It needs to be 21" before I start the edging, and the rows are only going to get longer....

oooOOoooo so artistic! LOL
Check out more WIPs at Tami's Amis!
Click!

16 comments:

  1. Your shawl is coming along beautiful. I love the beads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beads are looking beautiful :) Good luck with the rest - those longer rows seem to take forever, don't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really nice shawl, I like the beading in it...

    that is something I have yet to learn, it will come one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for explaining how you put on the beads. I have never seen beading on crochet before. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beads are gorgeous, and I love your shawl! The only bad thing about shawls, is each row take longer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It'll be worth it in the end. It's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looking great! Thanks for answering my question! i'll have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks gorgeous so far and I love the beads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your shawl is lovely! The beads look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice photos: this will be lovely when it's done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The shawl is gorgeous. I've just looked at on ravelry and it looks so fine after blocking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Love the way you are putting the beads on, no threading!

    Your photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such pretty lace projects. I always have trouble getting beads to stay put!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your shawl is gorgeous. Love the tiny beads.

    ReplyDelete